Ideal for 16 to 20-year-olds looking to take a first step into the world of culinary arts
Our teaching facilities in Le Bouveret (Culinary Arts Academy) are modern and offer great learning conditions of contemporary hospitality trade, with brand new demonstration kitchens.
At the end of your stay, you will be handed a certificate, mentioning the learning programme you participated in. It will help you in your future studies and the building of your career.
Level of English
Swiss Education Academy does not require any official proof of your level of English. However, all classes are taught in English, so we encourage you to make sure that you will be able to follow, for your own comfort.
Most of our teachers work as instructors in SEG Schools all year round but we also work with several specialists whom we invite to share their knowledge and experience.
Teachers are encouraged to use flexible and diverse teaching methods and techniques. Classes include theoretical knowledge and practice work. You will have the opportunity to work on both individual and group projects. Class size is of an average of 20 students (15 for English classes).
Courses for the Swiss Culinary Club take place on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, in the morning an in the afternoon. Wednesday is dedicated to excursions around the region. The fact that our courses explore different types of culinary traditions every week, opens our programme to students for a training of 1 up to 4 weeks.
Our introduction to culinary arts course takes you on a week long discovery of a country’s traditions involving food. During the week, you will learn about various techniques to work safely in a kitchen, taste new foods, and learn recipes to share with your friends and family.
- First week is dedicated to Italy, its pizzas, risottos and tiramisu
- Week Two takes you on a tour of Swiss traditions, your host country, with chocolate, cheese and röstis
- The third week is about France, our neighbor, with famous recipes of duck à l’orange, quiche and fabulous desserts
- Week Four is a virtual trip to Spain, with world renowned paella, tortillas and gaspacho soup
● Sunday 12th July - Saturday 18th July
● Sunday 19st July - Saturday 25th July
● Sunday 26th July - Saturday 1st August
● Sunday 2nd August - Saturday 8th August
COURSE, ACCOMMODATION AND ACTIVITIES
1 week :
2 weeks :
3 weeks :
Additional week :
● Tuition ● Course material ● Accommodation in double deluxe room ● All meals as described ● Standard leisure programme ● Saturday and Sunday Excursion ● Evening social activities ● Use of all facilities as described
Will be charged only once for the same family members.
Transfers to Montreux
Geneva airport to Montreux CHF 190.– / one way
Health insurance is compulsory for non EU residents. CHF 45.– / week